The Board Policies Handbook
The Board Policy Handbook was developed to highlight and support the governance function of the Board. In addition to clearly defining the role of the Board, the role of the Superintendent and the delegation of authority from the Board to the Superintendent, it includes the following as policies:
- Foundational statements which provide guidance and direction for all activities within the division;
- Directions for how the Board itself is to function and how individual trustees are to conduct themselves; how Board committees and representatives are to function;
- Statements as to how appeals and hearings will be conducted;
- Non-delegable matters such as school closures and policy-making; and,
- Specific matters which the Board has chosen not to delegate to the Superintendent.
- Individual Policies
Administrative Procedures Manual
This Administrative Procedures Manual is designed to be the primary written source of administrative direction for the Division. It is designed to be entirely consistent with the Board Policy Handbook, and is an extension of policy in the form of procedures.
There are five categories in which administrative procedures are placed in the Manual. The categories are: